The first update to our iPhone app is now live in the App Store (v1.1 aka v1.01.19 — you can check your version on the 'Settings' screen.)
Use this link to download the update directly to your iTunes client and then sync it to your iPhone. Or, use the 'Updates' tab in the App Store app to install the new version directly over WiFi or the 3G network.
This is a maintenance update but it includes a number of new features in addition to many performance enhancements and bug fixes:
• New animated splash screen flies you into deep space while program data is loading;-)
• Preloading and caching of metadata makes changing between sections much faster
• Added dynamic updating and refreshing of All Archive Channel programs and This Week's Show metadata
• Added on-demand selection and play of content in Free Streams section
• Added dynamic rechecking of cached user rights. After upgrading, you don't need to log out and back in for your new rights to take effect.
• Added Sign-Out button to allow users to Sign-Out and Sign-In as a different user without shutting down the app
Our thanks to ace programmers PAUL YAGO and JOHN ZORKO, who labored long into the night making this update as good as it could be.
We are now actively working on an ANDROID version of our app for release in early 2011, as well as designing the next generation version of the app, which will include multiple "radio channels" (full time streams) and many other features now available only on the website.
Enjoy the app and please let us know about any issues or feature requests at email@example.com.